• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

I'm new, and I've been researching...

This topic is 4721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, my name is David, and I am currently learning C#. I'm using the Visual C# 2005 Express Beta 2 IDE to do all of my programming, and I have the April 2005 release of the DirectX SDK. I was just wondering if any of the more experienced programmers or game developers would suggest that I continue learning C#, as I am mainly learning this to get into DirectX Programming later on. I understand that C++ is a lot more suitable for this, but there are some resources for DirectX on C# as well. I just need to know if you think I should continue learning C# with the intent of learning DirectX Programming in it, or should I stop learning C# (since I'm still in the early levels of learning) and take up a more suitable language like C++. Keep in mind that this is my first programming language, so C# is easier for me to learn. Just tell me what you think. Thanks for reading, ;).

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!