• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mikeschuld

Managed DirectX Tutorials

This topic is 4873 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just thought I would post here that I am writing a series of tutorials on how to write a full working game engine with Managed DirectX and C#. (sort of a beginners version of an engine for now) on my blog at http://www.thehazymind.com/3DEngine.htm. If anyone is new to DirectX programming but is familiar with the C# programming language basics, then these tutorials would be a good place to start. I am losely following the sequence used by many of the C++ tutorial series and those in some of my books, but only very losely, as I am making sure all the components will come together naturally to create a working engine as I go. Any input on these tutorials from people who are experienced in this area is welcome as well. [Edited by - mikeschuld on June 18, 2005 2:11:15 AM]

Advertisement
Nice graphics. I am adding those to the tutorials at a later time because I wanted to get as many of them done and on the net as I could so people who are a bit farther along in the learning process could just see how it all comes together without having to read too much to understand.

I wrote a camera tutorial here on gamedev a while back, and that had lots of math and graphical explanations and only a link to the code. We will see what I can come up with for explanations on my tuts later on, but I don't want to lengthen them too much. Then I might as well just write a book.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!