major glaux problem

Started by
3 comments, last by frogtag 18 years, 10 months ago
I'm a newbie to openGL and have been trying to learn it through tutorials on various sites. However, every site i come to has examples using glaux. I don't have a copy of glaux and associated files, not one that seems to work. I can't find any downloadable files. Every site i find for help says use glut, which i did but get linker errors to undefined references ... __glutInitWithExit@12 __glutCreateWindowWithExit@8 __glutCreateMenuWithExit@8 ... everytime i try to compile. Can anyone give me a solution???
Advertisement
Are you linking to the glut library?

Which compiler are you using?
I'm using Dev-Cpp C++. When i link to glaux, i get no file found, even though the file is definetely there. So taking the advice of others to link to glut instead, i get the linker errors.
__glutInitWithExit@12
__glutCreateWindowWithExit@8
__glutCreateMenuWithExit@8

are glut functions, not glaux.

You need to goto devpaks.org and get the devpak of glut for devc++. Then include the glut header, and link to the glut library.
The linker errors are from glut functions, yes, because i'm trying to link with glut rather than glaux (because everyone says glaux is obsolete). I'll give the devpak a go, but have a feeling that the glut version i'm using is from it already or at least a source zip file that was associated with the dev-pak on another site.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement