• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rapsey

newbie problem with TOTWGPG examples

This topic is 6415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

the include and lib files are set at the right path(in the mssdk directory), but i dont understand why i get this link error: LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/freakout.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Advertisement
You may have forgotten a header file. This occurs in the MSVC++ compiler and is not exactly accurate in the error details but however this is an error by calling an object that is not defined. Meaning you either need to move the object up in the declaring compile order. I do not know if you can do this in MSVC++ but other compilers allow you to let other files go first to declare the object definition. (Metrowerks CodeWarrior) <<---- Baddest compiler on the planet. Gives simular errors to that effect but tells you the code that casued the issue. It reallys just sounds like you forgot to insert the header files that declare some of the functions and constants.(very common)

I think you''ve just set up the project as a console app which expects main(), when it should be Win32 app which expects WinMain()...

"Success can make you persevere for hours, failure can make you quit in seconds" - KlDzny

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!