• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Glass_Knife

[java] Free Code Coverage Tool

This topic is 4724 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was cleaning up some code, and I found a few places where classes and methods were not being covered by unit tests. I found a cool tool, and I just wanted to share with everyone. EMMA is a code coverage tool that while not as easy to use as the big boys, its free. And if you don't know much about ant, the example build files will give you some new ideas. It took a while to get it working, but I think its worth it. Using it with ant, the procedure goes like this...
  • compile all you classes
  • recompile the classes you want coverage on using emma
  • Run junit
  • build report
There is a text report, which is good for email, an html, and xml report. I would love to know if there are any better/different kinds of coverage tools out there. Sometimes a search on this stuff returns so much, you can miss a really cool tool. I hope this helps someone

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!