• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RaptorZero

Little OpenGL info tool

This topic is 4720 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I've been around programming quite a while and I've never put a single project on the internet. Yesterday afternoon I had some spare time so I made this little program that shows your graphics card information, OpenGL version and supported extensions. It's not THAT usefull but please take a look and comment something (even if it's a bug). It's very simple so maybe I'll just throw the source code here. Here's a screenshot: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us and here's the download: http://www.savefile.com/files/3356999 Clicky As it's a one afternoon work there might be bugs, post aything here. Thanks.

Advertisement
Very nice! Let me guess, glGetString wrapped in a GUI [smile] I do see one bug though it's shown in the screenshot below:

As you can see around the edges, it seems there is a paint problem. Other than that.

Seems to work well. Great Job. However, the opengl spinning cube "pauses" when you scroll down the extensions list box (no big deal). All in all, very nice.

Quote:
Let me guess, glGetString wrapped in a GUI [smile]

Yep, that's pretty much of it.. I said it was very simple [wink]
I hope it helps me to see if an extension is supported before messing with my game

As for the painting problem, I didn't see it before with my visual themes on. The problem was that I was removing the window border but not resizing the client area... fixed, I should upload it again soon, thanks

And the pausing problem seems to be a normal behavior (I've gone to my 3d editor, put something to move and then moved a scrollbar and... same thing)

Thanks for the replies :D

Quote:
Original post by dividbyzero
Seems to work well. Great Job. However, the opengl spinning cube "pauses" when you scroll down the extensions list box (no big deal). All in all, very nice.

Yea, this is a Windows 'feature' [wink] when you 'drag' or 'hold' anything. I don't think there's any efficient way around that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!