• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everyone

Cartoonish Graphics

This topic is 6239 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking for a program that can do cartoon-like graphics. The graphics I am aiming for would be similar to those or Roller Coaster Tycoon, Sim City, etc. It would also help if the program was capable of doing several views of a single character/object. If anyone knows of such a program, please tell me. Thanks. - Everyone

Advertisement
Hiya,

Sounds like 3D to me, you can use MAX to build high poly models, apply colourful materials to convey cartoon charactistics.

You''ll need a rendering plugin for MAX or check options if using MAX 3.x for cartoon rendering, either that or for simple shiny style use normal rendering. (with those colourful characters)

Hope this helps

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk

quote:
Original post by Everyone

I am looking for a program that can do cartoon-like graphics. The graphics I am aiming for would be similar to those or Roller Coaster Tycoon, Sim City, etc. It would also help if the program was capable of doing several views of a single character/object. If anyone knows of such a program, please tell me.

Thanks.

- Everyone

Try Hash''s Animation Master 2000 If you are on a buget

i dont know a lot about the subject but i do know that nurbs are used to make cartoon graphics. Im not sure which programs support this but i know this has been used to great effect in some games.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Blender (available free and legally from www.blender.nl) works well with nurbs and I believe it has some special capability for working with cartoon material. It has apparently been used to make two successful cartoon animated movies, but I don''t know what they are.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!