Cartoonish Graphics

Started by
4 comments, last by Everyone 22 years, 11 months ago
I am looking for a program that can do cartoon-like graphics. The graphics I am aiming for would be similar to those or Roller Coaster Tycoon, Sim City, etc. It would also help if the program was capable of doing several views of a single character/object. If anyone knows of such a program, please tell me. Thanks. - Everyone
Advertisement
Hiya,

Sounds like 3D to me, you can use MAX to build high poly models, apply colourful materials to convey cartoon charactistics.

You''ll need a rendering plugin for MAX or check options if using MAX 3.x for cartoon rendering, either that or for simple shiny style use normal rendering. (with those colourful characters)

Hope this helps

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk
quote:Original post by Everyone

I am looking for a program that can do cartoon-like graphics. The graphics I am aiming for would be similar to those or Roller Coaster Tycoon, Sim City, etc. It would also help if the program was capable of doing several views of a single character/object. If anyone knows of such a program, please tell me.

Thanks.

- Everyone

Try Hash''s Animation Master 2000 If you are on a buget
i dont know a lot about the subject but i do know that nurbs are used to make cartoon graphics. Im not sure which programs support this but i know this has been used to great effect in some games.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts

Hello,

There is a good program Called Vectra3D.

System Failure
Blender (available free and legally from www.blender.nl) works well with nurbs and I believe it has some special capability for working with cartoon material. It has apparently been used to make two successful cartoon animated movies, but I don''t know what they are.
"If you go into enough detail, everything becomes circular reasoning." - Captain Insanity

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement