• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Oberon_Command

[.net] .NET Tutorials

This topic is 4722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm new to the .NET scene. I'm not a noob to programming; I've been programming for about 5 years in C++. I'd like to get into Managed C++, since I heard some good things about it. I was wondering where I could find some good tutorials for .NET. Can anyone tell me where they might be?

Advertisement
Learn C++/CLI instead. You'll find that it will save you a heck of a lot of trouble (not to mention the cleaner syntax). I'm pretty sure you can find some information on MSDN.

Not to mention that managed C++ will pretty much be considered legacy once VS2005 final is released and will most likely only be used for maintenance on existing codebases. Definately use CLI/C++ if you are just starting with .NET right now.

What's CLI/C++ ? I haven't programmed in a while now, so that's probably why I missed it (I also program in C#, not C++).

C++/CLI is a form of C++ that introduces some new abilities to the language in order to enable it to be used for writing .Net applications. Furthermore, it enables very seamless interop between managed applications and unmanaged applications... But that doesn't mean that it's just a glue code language.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!