• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Marz

VB.Net 2005 Icon problem

This topic is 4873 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone used VB.Net 2005 yet? I am trying to make the switch from VB6 to Vb.net 2005 and am having a ton of trouble. I have put 2 icons into my project resources and when I go to load the icon on to my picture box it shows my resources as being empty, even though I can go back to my resources and see that they are both there. If I load a picture into my project resources it recognizes it no problem. I can't find any help on this issue using MSDN or Google whatsoever. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

Advertisement
Hi, not sure what you're trying to do - assuming you added the icon as an icon on the resources tab on the project settings, I can access the icons I add there - note that they're of Icon class and not convertible to an image class - could you give us more detail on exactly what it is that you're doing?

What I'm doing (and seems to work):
PictureBox1.Image = My.Resources.Icon1.ToBitmap

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!