• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ekim_Gram

After 2 1/2 months I'm finally done! Link Fixed

This topic is 4723 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have finally completed my Tetris clone entitled Block-O-Rama I can tell you, this was no easy task at all. I began the project back in October for the first time but after lack of effort and road blocks, I stopped. April came again and I decided to start it up agian from scratch. I know I should be feeling quite accomplished right now, and I do a little bit but now I'm just so damn tired. After countless forum posts needing help with many of those damned bugs, I'm finally pretty much done. I am thinking of adding Game Type B for those of you who remember the original Tetris back in the day, but that's still being planned. I'm thinking text files with 1's and 0's? Maybe a level editor to make things interesting? I don't know. But finally, the fruit of my works, I give you all Block-O-Rama, an Ekim Gram Production. EDIT: Link Fixed

Advertisement
It works great until the blocks pile up to the top of the screen. Then I get the "whatevertheexeiscalled.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.

Ok, I think the game is pretty good, assuming your a beginner; how ever id like the blocks maybe to be a cooler color they kinda look like they were made in MS paint. [grin] That's ok though the only other flaw I can see is the blocks dont move very smoothly. Good job though for a beginning game programmer.

Well, I was kinda going for the early 8-bit feel for the game and only using the basic colors of the rainbow. And FYI they were made in MSPaint but not be me. I did the background images.

Quote:
Original post by Tutukun
Great work :) can u post the source code as well,for beginner like me :)

Did you look in the source directory?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!