After 2 1/2 months I'm finally done! Link Fixed

Started by
9 comments, last by nprz 18 years, 10 months ago
I have finally completed my Tetris clone entitled Block-O-Rama I can tell you, this was no easy task at all. I began the project back in October for the first time but after lack of effort and road blocks, I stopped. April came again and I decided to start it up agian from scratch. I know I should be feeling quite accomplished right now, and I do a little bit but now I'm just so damn tired. After countless forum posts needing help with many of those damned bugs, I'm finally pretty much done. I am thinking of adding Game Type B for those of you who remember the original Tetris back in the day, but that's still being planned. I'm thinking text files with 1's and 0's? Maybe a level editor to make things interesting? I don't know. But finally, the fruit of my works, I give you all Block-O-Rama, an Ekim Gram Production. EDIT: Link Fixed
Advertisement
Page not found. But it sounds great.
skulldrudgery--A tricky bit of toil
It works great until the blocks pile up to the top of the screen. Then I get the "whatevertheexeiscalled.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error.
Oh damn. It works fine in debug mode. Gotta fix that! *grumble grumble*
Alright, it's all fixed. Turned out I forgot to initialize the 'gameover text'
Ok, I think the game is pretty good, assuming your a beginner; how ever id like the blocks maybe to be a cooler color they kinda look like they were made in MS paint. [grin] That's ok though the only other flaw I can see is the blocks dont move very smoothly. Good job though for a beginning game programmer.
Well, I was kinda going for the early 8-bit feel for the game and only using the basic colors of the rainbow. And FYI they were made in MSPaint but not be me. I did the background images.
Definitely better than I've done. I haven't completed a project yet. Good job!!
L.I.G. == Life Is Good
Great work :) can u post the source code as well,for beginner like me :)
Quote:Original post by Tutukun
Great work :) can u post the source code as well,for beginner like me :)

Did you look in the source directory?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement