I am open to comments

Started by
5 comments, last by Andrew Russell 18 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I am Trentos, and I am currently in the process of creating a game console. It will not be comparable to the PS2 but will be good. It will have great capabilities. My aim when creating this console is to make a console affordable to people who are struggling to create games. I am open to all games running on my system. I am not like Sony saying, you need to buy royalties. My system can handle 3D but isometric 3d. At the very msot it would be able to run a High end ps1 game. The specs are layed down here: 450 Mhz processor 32 mb video card 2.1 to ? hardrive CD rom drive monitor projector capable, tv is iffy please comment on this idea, even help on this project would be nice
Advertisement
Do you plan to make this console retail? If so I don't think it will sell very well if TV is iffy. I don't know many people who have monitor projectors and why would someone buy this system above a ps2, gamecube, xbox not to mention 360 and ps3 are not to far away.
I am trying to make a system that run communtiy games so it would be ridiculsy cheap and the games would come from developers like us.
"tv iffy"? ... generating a tv signal is not that hard, i'm pretty sure if you can throw a console together then you are able to do this as well ...

unless of course, your idea of a "console" is a pc in a box? Good luck anyways!
Have you actually priced this and figured out how much it's going to be? Console manufacturers sell their consoles at a fairly significant loss (it costs them quite a bit more to make their console than it costs us to buy it). They make money by selling games; that's why indie developers aren't given easy access to SDK's. Andre Lamothe has a similar product called the XGameStation, maybe you should check that out.
-----------------------------Weeks of programming can save you hours of planning.There are 10 kinds of people in this world-- those who understand binary and those who don't.
Holy Crosspost Batman!
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Crosspost.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement