C# rpg text game

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 9 months ago
Ok i have searched around a bit looking for a C# text based rpg source code to study. I been trying to learn C# with a few tutorials and a book i picked up. While surfing the net i found a VB.NET rpg tutorial it made learning fun and was well laid out. I been looking for a C# tutorial for a text based rpg or even just a simple rpg not a full fledge game of course but just enough of the basics to keep you interested. The biggest problem i have is i get on a kick to learn a programming language and i lose interest way to fast. I'm thinking a tutorial that teaches you as you make a simple rpg will keep me interested enough to actually stick with it. If you can help or post a link that would be great.
Advertisement
well, if you found a good VB.NET tutorial that you liked you can convert the source code to c#, it is just different syntax(mostly).use a converter( like this ).
I program in my sleep,but when I sleep I use the partition in my head that doesnt have g++ or the .net library, so im kinda screwed.
Awesome! Thank you
anyone have a link to it? I am interested in seeing it.
I was searching for the same thing and came across this post. Check out http://einfall.blogspot.com/. It will get you started with DirectX and is geared towards RPG programming in C#. It starts at the beginning so may be too basic for what you're looking for but I thought it was cool...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement