• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MissyGrL

PeaceKeepers Project - a mmorpg in the making

This topic is 4869 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Our project is called PeaceKeepers. It's an mmorpg in the making. At the moment we're in the development stage and looking for people to join our forums and post what they like about mmo's and what they dislike about them!! We look forward to reading everyones posts and hope you continue to post new ideas and suggestions as you think of them. Our website: http://pkproject.thecgl.net. My Email: snicolazzi@pkproject.thecgl.net. Email me with any questions!!

Advertisement
From just looking around the site i cant realy seem to find much info on what it actually is, it just says its an MMORPG. Is it a text/tables based one or grahpical and what's going to make it different to the other games out there?

if you could put some of those sort of answers in your FAQ then that may help a bit.

We'll be putting the outline up sometime soon that details just about everything in it =)

It's going to be fully 3D ( possibly a 2D option later on for people with slower computers ) using DirectX 9. The story is up on the site and basically it's a world with 4 continents- the names of which we'll release with the outline. These continents are going to be immense, 50+ cities in each continent, mountains, plains, ice regions, beaches, just TONS of content covering each continent, each with it's own unique features and towns/people. What we're doing if you read the 'About' page is we're taking things we love about other RPGs.. and throwing out the things we hate. We're taking suggestions now so anyone who has anything they would like to see in an MMORPG but never see it, just let us know. Also if there are things in other games you dislike just let us know and we'll be sure to make our game better from your suggestions. The equipment system, class system, and everything else is very well thought out and planned. There will be more equipment than you can remember.. everyone in the game will look unique. For beginners you'll have to run from place to place until they reach a high enough level to ride a horse, at which time they will need to purchase a horse from another player or do a quest to get their own simple horse. The higher level you obtain the more forms of transportation are open to you. One thing you will never be able to do is teleporting.. well not normally anyway. There will be a teleport scroll which can teleport you to a town within a certain distance that will be dropped by monsters starting at level 300 but will have a 5-time use and will disappear afterwards. These scrolls will be incredibly rare. The only other exception is the Guild War castles. The 3 guilds who occupy the guild castles after the guild war are able to access a 'guild teleporter room' which allows them to teleport to the main city on any other continent. This will even likely be limited to once in a certain amount of time, however you still must earn this right.

There's WAY too much going into this MMORPG to type it all here.. the outline will cover all of it and will be rather large, so look for it when we release it =). I think you'll like the amount of detail we're putting into the design. Also, our game is going to be centered around customer support.. namely keeping cheaters OUT. Time and time again we've discussed this, and we will actively browse for any cheats/exploits/bugs for our game, and upon finding any they will be fixed IMMEDIATELY. Anyone found cheating in any way ( breaking the AUP.. and breaking it in any other way will result in a ban ) will be banned on the spot and all of that person's belongings will be distributed randomly around cities to fair players. There's a zero tolerance policy on this stuff in our game, and this is a major reason we decided to make it. I have never once played an MMORPG in which if i see a person speedhacking or using a trade-hack in a market area, i can report it and have anything done about it. Namely Mu Global... I have reported 400+ players now who are blatantly speedhacking/multi-hit hacking/using MuPie and not a single one has been banned because of it. This blatant disregard and apathy towards people who completely ruin the gameplay of others is what drives us to make an MMORPG that tightens the rope where others leave slack.

Just keep checking back.. register on our forums and post.. we want to make this a game for the people and by the people =)

Hmm, won't this level of conrol be hard to manage? Otherwise every other game would be doing it wouldnt they? im just wondering whats going to make this so very different, seems like alot of good ideas, very cool well planned ideas but it also seems like i would just be totaly overwhelmed by the game, wouldn't I? Will there be begginners guides avalable and walk throughs?

Would it be possible to put an email in and get info for when its up or in beta?

Our game isn't meant to be easy to manage, it should be difficult. Beginners guides, and walk throughs are a big yes. Again as Justin had said the game will be centered around customer support. There will be many options for you to choose from to get help if you don't understand some thing or just need help on getting started.

Our outline will be detailed and give you the information needed and wanted. The game, as Justin explained a bit in his post, may look overwhelming in words and the outline may even overwhelm you. But as we break each of the sections down in the outline and explain them and give you the help and support you need it wont be overwhelming.

As for now with the emailing about when it's out or in beta, you can join our forums at - http://pkproject.thecgl.net. There you will see a section called "Announcements". We'll be posting when the outline comes out, if changes are made to it, how the development is coming along, when we'll be hiring, and an estimated time of how long until the beta comes out.

At the moment when you go to the site you wont be very impressed, you have a story and that's pretty much it. Right now we're looking for as many people as we can to join the forums and give us suggestions and ideas, making it the mmo that you want. We want the ideas and suggestions to go on the forums and then when the outline comes out you may see some of your own ideas in it, which to me would be pretty awesome knowing your ideas got taken into the game.

Just stay posted on the news on our website and get in to the forums!

Quote:
Original post by wardrox
Hmm, won't this level of conrol be hard to manage? Otherwise every other game would be doing it wouldnt they? im just wondering whats going to make this so very different, seems like alot of good ideas, very cool well planned ideas but it also seems like i would just be totaly overwhelmed by the game, wouldn't I? Will there be begginners guides avalable and walk throughs?

Would it be possible to put an email in and get info for when its up or in beta?

Not at all. The systems in the game aren't all dumped onto you at once. It's designed so you can play the game with minimal knowledge, but along the way you learn more and more about the game- things you had NO idea existed. As you go along in the game, more things apply to you and are required by you to do things, so it's not such a big hassle. Also, as you level up and run into problems where you get stuck, legitimately, there will be an in-game help that allows you to first look at detailed information on all of the systems then ask help for anything you're stuck on ( IE you can't find a certain quest item or a certain monster or a certain NPC ). These guides won't reveal the game or story to you by any means.. it just helps you learn how to play the game. The whole point of it is to make the game as realistic and deep as possible. We want the player to have the ability to do and control as much as possible in the game, and making the game so deep and interactive gives it a new level of immersion. It wont be like other games where you're stuck in a 'you must do this to continue' type of game style.. nor will it be restricted to a few main towns, the same monster ( HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS OF HACK/SLASH ) or the same quests over and over.. it will have new areas, cities, and places for you to explore even when you're reaching levels of 600+, places you never knew about.. and there are even secret areas, secret NPCs and secret quests.

Also, moreover from the detail and depth in the world that the player will experience, the guild and guild war systems and other interactive systems such as team-only quests will keep players interested and working hard to be on the top to take the prestigous.. and well awarded.. guild castles.

O-k.

Don't you think your going a bit overboard now?
200 cities? More items than a player can remember, and TONS and tons of content?
Wouldn't it be better to have less content but put more work into that?
Quality sure beats quantity in gameplay (that's my opinion at least).

Wow you guys have some great ideas, I wonder why all the big game companies haven't implemented all of that... I wonder if it has anything to do with how difficult it is to implement all that stuff...

Quote:
Original post by Zerom
O-k.

Don't you think your going a bit overboard now?
200 cities? More items than a player can remember, and TONS and tons of content?
Wouldn't it be better to have less content but put more work into that?
Quality sure beats quantity in gameplay (that's my opinion at least).

We're trying to make the game realistic. Let me ask you something, do you remember every type of clothing in real life? The brand etc? Do you know every city in the world, or even on one continent? I don't, when going in to our game you're not supposed to be able to look at the site see 10 cities for the continents and be able to remember them all it's supposed to be realistic!

And, again it is supposed to be difficult!

There will be quality as well as quantity =).

The big name companies haven't developed ideas like this because they don't spend their time playing other MMOs and learning what they like and dislike and building an MMORPG from that basis. They start with a simple idea, make the game, and include VERY little outside influence. We're opening it up to anyone who has a suggestion, and we're drawing from all the MMOs we've ever played including some NON-Multiplayer RPGs to build one that has the pros of every major game, with none of the cons. The ideas we have aren't that difficult to implement. I'm not saying it will take a few months in development then we've made the best MMORPG ever.. it will take years but we are oriented differently from every other company out there. Unlike companies like Sony, creators of EverQuest and EverQuest II, we are making our game not only immersive, but also lasting. With all the aspects of the game, including guild systems and team based challenges, we're designing it FOR THE GAMER, and BY THE GAMER. We are not like these other companies trying to put out a game for the sole reason of profit ( www.conqueronline.com + many more ), instead we want to make a game that can be enjoyed for a VERY long time without a loss in interest so MMORPG gamers can have a game to play that promotes a cheat-free environment and fairness to all players, along with a large community and great customer support. Like missy said.. we're going for realism.. after all we know this is what makes MMORPGs more exciting and fun. Go play an mmorpg that has a huge class embalance or that is so unrealistic that it gets boring after a few hours.. our world is so full of things to do, one person cannot experience it all in a single lifetime. This is what keeps us going.. and in an MMORPG, a similar sense of realism will result in players playing for a longer period of time and having MUCH more fun.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!