• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zer011

MotherBoards

This topic is 4809 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello , I always hear titles or numbers of motherboards which may shows the quality of the motherboard . Some say that 865 is better than 840 > I was wondering , IS that numbers indicates to something .?? Wheather it is representing the memory or the speed , or what exactly ...??? please add a comment if you have any Ideas >> thanks in advance =)

Advertisement
The numbers on a motherboard in no way indicate the quality of the board. The most important thing to do is to find a motherboard that support the processor you want to use (Athlon / Pentium), find one that is easily compatible with the OS you plan on using, and one that has enough slots for any additional cards / ram you might add. Read everything you can about motherboard son the internet - check reviews of the ones you are interested and search newsgroups.

Here's a good site to get you started http://motherboards.org/.

865xx/875xx/915xx/925xx/945xx/955xx are Intel northbridges. Usually the higher the better, though you need to do some research before buying.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!