• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Br3nt0n

Blender Game Engine?

This topic is 4804 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does any one have any opinions after using Python with Blender's Game engine to make games? I want to know if Blender is any good at making games with Python.

Advertisement
It is definitely a game engine as well, I'd checked that before posting.

But I want to know if it is any good.

I've never used the Blender game engine but from what I've seen of it, it looks like it could be pretty good. I guess it depends on what kind of game you're making but if it's not too complex using Blender may be a good choice. Why not try and create a quick prototype of whatever you're trying to make using Blender and see if you like how it all works and if it's able to do what you want? If you find you like it, use it.

I've used it some. I would say it is excellent for a game prototype or small game. It's fast to make a game, but feels a little limited. It's a great way to get started both with Blender modeling and making a small game. I had fun with it, but eventually decided to increase my knowledge of c++. I still use Blender, and may use the engine again sometime. Give it a try. You don't even need python to get started, you can just connect logic switch boxes, using python increases what you can do.

Guest Anonymous Poster
i once saw a frogger game made using the blender engine, it was very slow

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!