• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mlunapiena01

OpenGL Linker Error with Dev-C++

This topic is 4872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, as I'm sure has come up numerous times before, I'm working with Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 on the NeHe OpenGL Tutorial... that being said, I'm on lesson 1 & I tried compiling the source code just to make sure it worked and I get the following linker error: undefined reference to '__w32_sharedptr_initialize' ld returned 1 exit status If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong it would be appreciated (I already tried searching for this & did not find the answer myself, so sry if this has been asked before & I missed it).

Advertisement
Very peculiar indeed! I just tried the same lesson as you on Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 and mine compiles and links without err. Aside from the suggestion of redownloading the IDE/compiler, I'm baffled. Did you change any project settings at all, by chance?

Have you got OpenGL properly installed? Try getting the most up-to-date version from Package Downloader, but check in the Package Manager to see if you have OpenGL at all.

Reinstallation might well fix it.

Well I seem to have fixed this: first, I made sure all the OpenGL stuff was installed properly, then I reinstalled, then I downloaded the Dev-C++ source from the NeHe website... for some reason I have to use the NeHe project file as opposed to the OpenGL one that comes with Dev-C++

Thanks for the help everyone..

go to the compiler option and check this CheckBox "add this lines to the linker"

and add "-lopengl32 -lglu32 -lgdi32"

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!