Linker Error with Dev-C++

Started by
4 comments, last by Hastur 18 years, 10 months ago
Ok, as I'm sure has come up numerous times before, I'm working with Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 on the NeHe OpenGL Tutorial... that being said, I'm on lesson 1 & I tried compiling the source code just to make sure it worked and I get the following linker error: undefined reference to '__w32_sharedptr_initialize' ld returned 1 exit status If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong it would be appreciated (I already tried searching for this & did not find the answer myself, so sry if this has been asked before & I missed it).
Advertisement
Very peculiar indeed! I just tried the same lesson as you on Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 and mine compiles and links without err. Aside from the suggestion of redownloading the IDE/compiler, I'm baffled. Did you change any project settings at all, by chance?
---Curses, malidictions and lacerations! There goes my brand new pair of sneakers -- again!
Have you got OpenGL properly installed? Try getting the most up-to-date version from Package Downloader, but check in the Package Manager to see if you have OpenGL at all.

Reinstallation might well fix it.
I checked w/ Pack manager, it turns out that it's not there at all... I feel like a genius...
Well I seem to have fixed this: first, I made sure all the OpenGL stuff was installed properly, then I reinstalled, then I downloaded the Dev-C++ source from the NeHe website... for some reason I have to use the NeHe project file as opposed to the OpenGL one that comes with Dev-C++

Thanks for the help everyone..
go to the compiler option and check this CheckBox "add this lines to the linker"

and add "-lopengl32 -lglu32 -lgdi32"

"Really? Have you seen a man eat his own head?" - Spottswoode / Team America World Police

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement