• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Advanced test models for advanced renderers?

This topic is 4719 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Basically, I'm wondering what you all use when developing the renderer of your game engine to properly test it? I mean, you might have the latest and greatest renderer design with PS3.0 and material systems, but its all moot if all you have to test with are simple models with single-layer texturing. Unless you have access to a good artist that can create more complex multi-material shaded models, what are some other options for testing? Are there any free resources that might be good enough for testing renderer features of this sort? What do you use, or what can you recommend?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Unless you have access to a good artist that can create more complex multi-material shaded models

You don't need to be a good artist to create something complex (unless you want it complex and good looking). If what you want is just to push your renderer to the limit than just knowing how to create basic models will do the trick ;)

Create a 3000 sided sphere with your favorite 3d editor and aplly 3 different materials to it! Tahdah!! You have a complex model to test your renderer!

Maybe I missed the point...

Anyway, TurboSquid roxs, check it out

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!