• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NumberXaero

WIN32, hide taskbar with full screen app window

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im doing a resolution change and then adjusting my window and its client area to the entire screen, but Im still seeing the taskbar. Its obscuring the lower part of the window. Im using SetWindowPos, Ive tried many different flags in many combos with that function but cant get it to go behind the window instead of on top. Any idea what would make the app cover the taskbar?. I found a hackish way of actually hiding the taskbar with ShowWindow, but I dont like it cause if you forget to show it at the end of the app, the taskbar is gone and may need to restart to get it back.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by NumberXaero
Ive tried many different flags in many combos with that function but cant get it to go behind the window instead of on top.

Even WS_POPUP|WS_VISIBLE|WS_MAXIMIZE?

You need to make sure that the window is the top most window. Using SetWindowPos() be sure to specify HWND_TOPMOST in the hWndInsertAfter parameter.

I was using HWND_TOPMOST and the window was the size of the screen but it turns out the window was being positioned too high so the lower part of the window wasnt reaching the taskbar to cover it, silly mistake. Thx for the replies.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!