New Black Sky Screenshot

Started by
9 comments, last by DMINATOR 18 years, 10 months ago
Hey everyone here is a new screen shot of Black Sky 1.4a(not released yet): I added some more star trek ships hehe. If you want to see a few older screen shots or download the older version go to BlackSkyGame.com
Black Sky A Star Control 2/Elite like game
Advertisement
Looks great! Keep up the good work.
SDBradley
CGP
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read." ~Mark Twain
Impressive.
Looks gorgeous!
Orin Tresnjak | Graphics ProgrammerBethesda Game StudiosStandard Disclaimer: My posts represent my opinions and not those of Bethesda/Zenimax, etc.
*jaw drop*
sweet!! How did you do the wonderful starfield? the nebulae and stars look awesome!
---------------Magic is real, unless declared integer.- the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Very pretty! (=
Thanks guys! I appreciate the good feedback. If any of you play it let me know what you think. I'm going to make the game like EVN NOVA/Star Flight/Star Control 2.

The website also has forums, so you guys can post in their.

To make the star field and nebula, well, I did some tutorials. You can actually find links to the tutorials from Gamedev. All you need to do, is visit the Game Design Forum, and visit the Sticky on the top that has about 50 different links to Space related games. There are some tutorials on how to draw planets, and nebula, and the best star fields ever.

Quote:Original post by ViperG
If any of you play it let me know what you think.

It looks really good. I tried it, and while it is pretty obvious that it is still in development, I enjoyed it. I could make a lot of suggestions, but, since it is still an alpha release, most of them are probably things you already plan to do. One cosmetic change that you should really make though is this: when a ship flies backward, you have the same engine firing in the same direction as when it flies forwards. You should instead add a second engine effect that faces forward and fires when you move backward. It would also be cool if when your ship sort of coasts to a stop you showed that front engine firing. I realize you aren't trying for realistic physics with this game, but it would make it look better if you would sort of give it the appearance of real physics by adding that front-firing engine. [/physics rant]

Keep up the good work!
EDIT: Fixed the spelling of 'coasts'.

[Edited by - mumpo on June 28, 2005 4:50:03 PM]
Thanks mumpo, I will look into the menuvering jets liked you mentioned.

I'm debating on weather or not they might look annoying, as everytime you moved those little jets start firing to slow down your ship.. But ill see.

I can always put a graphics option to not show the menuvering jets.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement