• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
phtsai63

Effect SetTechnique Error

This topic is 4720 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It is about passing effect handle to set the technique. Two techniques "T0" and "T1" in the effect file (.fx). Two class: class A { ID3DXEffect* m_pEffectA; HRESULT CreateEffect(); }; class B { ID3DXEffect* m_pEffectB; HRESULT Render(ID3DXEffect* m_pEffectC); }; HRESULT A::CreateEffect() { D3DXHANDLE hT0; D3DXCreateEffectFromFile(pd3dDevice, ..., &m_pEffectA, NULL ); hT0 = m_pEffectA->GetTechniqueByName("T0"); V_RETURN(m_pEffectA->ValidateTechnique(hT0)); m_pEffectA->setTechnique(hT0); } HRESULT B::Render(ID3DXEffect* m_pEffectC) { D3DXHANDLE hT0, hT1; hT0 = m_pEffectA->GetTechniqueByName("T0"); hT1 = m_pEffectA->GetTechniqueByName("T1"); V_RETURN(m_pEffectA->ValidateTechnique(hT0)); //D3DERR_CONFLICTINGRENDERSTATE V_RETURN(m_pEffectA->ValidateTechnique(hT1)); m_pEffectA->setTechnique(hT1); ... } main() { A cA; B cB; ... cB.Render(cA.m_pEffectA); } It generate error at the comment(//D3DERR_CONFLICTINGRENDERSTATE). Could anyone help me to figure out this error. Thx.

Advertisement
your m_pEffectA is not initilized. That pointer could point to anything in memory, which leeds to error.

You should in main write:

main()
{
A cA;
B cB;
cA.CreateEffect();
cB.Render(cA.m_pEffectA);
}

Thanks your point.
These codes are just abbreviation version.
I have initialize before cB.Render(cA.m_pEffectA);.

please post the fx file, it is correct?
take a look at the theqniuqe called T0 as it looks like the errors comes from there

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!