Thoughts on languages

Started by
17 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by phil05
within the hour. This is confusing to me as a programmer because I'm trying to make software hoping that my selected languages (C#/MDX) don't get deprecated within 3 years, and it already seems like Avalon will be replacing MDX. It just makes me wonder what's the point to learn it sometimes. As I said before, MS likes to 'add onto the new' rather than Sun's 'add onto the old.'

Avalon will not replace MDX/DirectX, it will only use DirectX. DirectX10 will replace DirectX9...
No one forces you to use new stuff... For example, some people are still coding with MFC, and using VS6...
And you really shouldn`t care what will happen in 5-10 years... we could be all dead by then [wink]
Bulma
Advertisement
Yep. Thanks for the thoughts everyone.
Quote:Original post by Bulma
DirectX10 will replace DirectX9...

Actually the DirectX brand is depreciated and you will not see a DirectX 10, it will be called WGF 2.0 :)

actually, it's WTF 2.0
actually, it's WTF 2.0

lol no wonder you have a 0 rating.

I know future computers will be fully .NET'ish, leaving C++ in the PC market place, only to assume that C++ will be no longer upgraded. Since most computers use Windows, I believe it's an issue. C++ will eventually die in that, but I feel it will continue in consoles for a very long time

What an idiotic statement.

- A new C++ standard will be released shortly.
- Microsoft fully supports C++ development by first putting out managed C++ and than realized it needed to be better and now put out CLI/C++.
- The best performing language using .NET is CLI/C++, along with more features.
- PCs are not the only things that are developed for or use C++.

First of all a language doesn't 'die'.. but even then how could you possibly have such an idiotic claim like the above with only those few points I mentioned?
No wonder why professionals say to stay away from this board.

Due to people like yourself with a 0 rating, it's quite obvious what the community thinks of you.

I would say there are more professionals here than a lot of forums.
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
Methinks negative rating wouldn't be a bad idea.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement