chat box

Started by
4 comments, last by rain711 18 years, 10 months ago
If you are designing a game! How would you include a chat dialog windows in it so durin the multiplayer game can be utilized as a chat session? off course the game is win32 application Regards .
Advertisement
If you mean an ordinary Win32 desktop application, then I suppose the dialogue box needed for the chat window could be included as a resource, and activated under certain conditions i.e. when the user presses a certain button.

This dialogue box will then have a textbox or something on it, for you to type your chat message into, and then a way of sending it, like a button. Included also as a resource.

If you mean a fullscreen game with a custom GUI like Battlefield 2 or something, then I'm not so sure I can help.

HTH,

ukdeveloper.
If the multiplayer game is over the internet, I think DirectPlay (part of DirectX) can be used for this sort of thing, but I'm not entirely sure. There's a good DirectPlay tutorial in the "For begginers" section.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
If the multiplayer game is over the internet, I think DirectPlay (part of DirectX) can be used for this sort of thing, but I'm not entirely sure. There's a good DirectPlay tutorial in the "For begginers" section.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
Sorry, didn't mean to post that twice...
Quote:Original post by ukdeveloper
If you mean an ordinary Win32 desktop application, then I suppose the dialogue box needed for the chat window could be included as a resource, and activated under certain conditions i.e. when the user presses a certain button.

This dialogue box will then have a textbox or something on it, for you to type your chat message into, and then a way of sending it, like a button. Included also as a resource.

If you mean a fullscreen game with a custom GUI like Battlefield 2 or something, then I'm not so sure I can help.

HTH,

ukdeveloper.

I think you are right in a way that you iclude all the Dialog properties in a resource file. Let us say That I make a resource file then HOW is it goinig to be included in the "Win32 desktop application" I mean how to program it so it can be called if you press "ENTER" on the keyboard.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement