• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Calin

Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2

This topic is 4809 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I am trying to compile some NeHe lessons using Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2. The problem is that when I want build the lessons the compiler tells me "cannot include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory". I tryed to Copy/Past this file from Dev-C++ but i recived errors again. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Advertisement
This is Visual Studio 2005 you are using? Or the express edition 2005? I ask because I believe the express editions require the Windows platform SDK to be installed.

create a directory called PlatformSDK in your vc folder. Copy BIN / LIB/ INCLUDE directories from the MS platform SDK you should have downloaded to the new PlatformSDK directory. This should temporarily fix your problem.. also if you are getting cmd.exe problems copy your cmd.exe into the BIN directory.

I just recently switched to Dev c++ because of this pain in ass problem with express.. (didnt want to go back to 2003)

Quote:
Original post by Saruman
Ok you need to install and configure the Platform SDK with the express editions. Here is a link to get you started.

Ahh, I had run into this problem yesterday. I couldn't figure out why Microsoft would hobble it like that. Seems to be typical MS organizational bizareness :P

yckx

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!