Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2

Started by
5 comments, last by yckx 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi! I am trying to compile some NeHe lessons using Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2. The problem is that when I want build the lessons the compiler tells me "cannot include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory". I tryed to Copy/Past this file from Dev-C++ but i recived errors again. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

Advertisement
This is Visual Studio 2005 you are using? Or the express edition 2005? I ask because I believe the express editions require the Windows platform SDK to be installed.
Visual C++ Express Edition Beta

Ok you need to install and configure the Platform SDK with the express editions. Here is a link to get you started.
Thanks!

create a directory called PlatformSDK in your vc folder. Copy BIN / LIB/ INCLUDE directories from the MS platform SDK you should have downloaded to the new PlatformSDK directory. This should temporarily fix your problem.. also if you are getting cmd.exe problems copy your cmd.exe into the BIN directory.

I just recently switched to Dev c++ because of this pain in ass problem with express.. (didnt want to go back to 2003)
-------------Become part of developing the specifications of a new language. Visit CodeBASIC.org
Quote:Original post by Saruman
Ok you need to install and configure the Platform SDK with the express editions. Here is a link to get you started.

Ahh, I had run into this problem yesterday. I couldn't figure out why Microsoft would hobble it like that. Seems to be typical MS organizational bizareness :P

yckx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement