• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kotteli2

track the human model created in Maya/3D max

This topic is 4719 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi fellows (I an begginer in this field ,so dont metter if I confusing in termenology) Is anybody know ,how can I track the human model created in Maya/3D max from the c++ (openGl/directX)? I created the human model in 3dMax I know how to load this model to openGL but the problem is more complex I NEED TO USE PHISICS of human model In the Maya/3D max I can track the human figure using internal script languages (for maya it's "mel") in this case maya uses it's Phisics engene to move model for example: when I move one joint of the leg ,the other joints of the leg moves with regard to this moved joint but how I can do it from external code(OpenGl for example)? how can I use the advantage of the maya's human models phisics? for example how the gamedevelopers made the human models, and then animate(move) them in there C++(or other language) code? thanks ,every info. -tips,links and so on will help. [Edited by - kotteli2 on June 20, 2005 5:58:02 PM]

Advertisement
Hey,

Usually the artists will export animations (no needs for physics to have animations running) and the programmer will execute these animations on the character.

I believe you won't be able to use "maya's human models phisics" as its probably an internal component of Maya.

Take a look at free engines such as Ogre3D to see how animations are handled.

Hope this helps

Eric

Hi
thanks for answer it's help for sure.
but what you mean when you say "Usually the artists will export animations (no needs for physics to have animations running) "
is exist some way to export the trajectory of all the human joints
from the Maya/3D max -"an animation file".
may be this can help a lot,if I build the database of such possible trajectories .

if you want to have a not-that-exact method than you could simply export some keyframes of your animation and interpolate the vertex position between these keyframes but that would result in slightly different animations than in maya...but the difference is almost not noticable...if you want exactly what you see in maya you have to export the realtions between the joints ,too .rob the blokes homepage(http://www.robthebloke.org/research/index.htm) shows some of this realtions..

regards,
m4gnus

very very good
HUGE thank to you
I already have an idea how to implement my tasks
using the key frames.

by the way anybody now how I can get the Maya api(i mean sdk)?
to realize my program also like the plugin for maya?

or 3D Max sdk?

i think it ussually is installed with maya (maybe not with the personal learning edition) just search in your maya folder for the .h and .cpp. it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Glad that i could help..

regards,
m4gnus

O'K
thank's again
I found some in
Maya's_root_directory/devkit
and in
Maya's_root_directory/lib

the devkit it's sounds like sdk
but is lib's files is also part of the sdk

also do you know were I can get some documentation on functions and classes
of this sdk?

If the manual doesn't have them I would start with the offical Maya website and go from there. I'm sure they have some info available but you will probably need you reg code to get it.

Matt

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!