• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DUDVim

Unity Working MMORPG's on gamedev

This topic is 4847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This post is a questions to a reply to a thread in the help wanted forum ( http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=326131 ). I post the questions here as i don't want to fill that thread with talk that don't really answers the OP request for help. A link will be put in the other thread so those there that like to answer can find there way here. From other thread.
Quote:
Original post by Toolmaker It's also that there are only 2 GDNet members who appear to have a reasonable working MMORPG(Raduprv is the only one with an MMO that's operational). There have been at least 5 MMO threads a day on GDNet for the past year. None of them actually got off the ground. ...
I wonder what projects are those. Are there any MMORPG like projects that have made themselfs known on gamedev that are moving forward?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Something to read about it.
http://www.flipcode.com/cgi-bin/fcmsg.cgi?thread_show=25178 . Wonder what the survival rate is on gamedev.

Well, 20 / (365 * 5) ~= 1%

Though I suspose the 'teams that can' span several years.
What I meant to emphasize is that if you are anticipating something over 1%, you are expecting too much.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!