• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mike74

picture of a gun

This topic is 4808 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm making a first person shooter, and I'd like a picture of a gun overlayed near the bottom of the scene. Does anyone know where I could get a good pic like that that I can legally use in a game? Also, a 3d model of a gun would also be acceptable. Mike C. http://www.coolgroups.com/zoomer/

Advertisement
These are the kind of disclaimers I keep running into while searching for gun pics:

All of the pictures of guns on these pages are under copywrite. There is no such thing as, "Public Domain," on the www. If I catch you using these pictures for anything but your personal enjoyment, you can bet that we are going to meet in a Federal Courthouse. I will be suing your ass off. You will be wondering where you can come up with the money to pay the lawyer who is losing the case. By the way, you will also be paying for my lawyer. She is one expensive woman and a perfectly mean bitch when it comes to protecting her clients rights. Other than that, she is a lot of fun at parties and very pretty.

Mike C.
http://www.coolgroups.com/zoomer/

Yep; in general you are supposed to make your own image or model, or pay someone else to do it. Of course, it would help if you would explain what sort of picture you are looking for (photo-realisitc? silohete? realistic in a computer-animated sort of way? cartoony?).

If you want just stock photos, just try googling them... I will link you later... *sporks school firewalls*

Though I don't know if it's legal for you to use...

If you're in the US, perhaps it'd be easier to just get a camera, go to a local gun store, and ask the owner if you can take some photos?

Quote:
Original post by superpig
If you're in the US, perhaps it'd be easier to just get a camera, go to a local gun store, and ask the owner if you can take some photos?

Either that, or use a plastic toy gun. That's what id did when they made Doom :)

Since I can figure what you are trying to do I could draw some for you. Same with any dudes to shoot at like you were asking for in another thread. I love drawing so having it put to a good use would be awesome. Plus photographs in games never look good anyways'. ;)

I thought the shotgun in Doom was a real shotgun? Maybe I need to re-read "Masters of Doom".

Mike C.
http://www.coolgroups.com/zoomer/

Quote:
Original post by SoulSkorpion
Quote:
Original post by superpig

Either that, or use a plastic toy gun. That's what id did when they made Doom :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!