• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

body coordinate system

This topic is 4717 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have ship simulation which uses UTM world coordinate system. I want to add alos body coordinate system to the ship to know coordinate every point on the ship in terms of world coordinates. How can i create a body coordinate system on my ship? I want to use euler angles... Thank you...

Advertisement
Maybe by writing a struct/class BodyReferential, integrate it to the class ship and make objects which needs to be referred through the body coordinates children of the class bodyreferential.

It is a good idea. But i also need to repsent any point on the ship in terms of world coordinates. How can i do this transformation? And must i represent the ship as a rectangle? How can i know the border of the ship?

The origin of the body referential is known in the system of the world coordinate, anytime since it is the point used to pass down all the data concerning movements.

For example, to know the coordinates of a point in the wref, just adding the coordinates of the origin should do the trick.

For a much better explanation, see something on composition of movement, relative referentials and so on.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!