Why is there so much sick s*** on the internet?

Started by
69 comments, last by mikeman 18 years, 10 months ago
Why is there so much sick shit on the internet? I mean things like Paedohpilia, Endophilia, Beastiality, Terror Groups, Racism, hard drugs among other things. Is this the sacrifice we make for free speech? What can be done to clear any of this up do you think?
Advertisement
What would you expect to be done. If those sites are legal where they are put up, they have every right to be there as a site about fuzzy purple spotted elephants, or wikipedia.

Also, where does it end?
There are a lot of sick people in the world.
Ra
anonymity
Quote:Original post by Vampyre_Dark
What would you expect to be done. If those sites are legal where they are put up, they have every right to be there as a site about fuzzy purple spotted elephants, or wikipedia.

Also, where does it end?

honestly though a great many of them aren't. We have all before come across certain sites that shouldn't exist by law, but do.
I think there is no general way to deal with any of this at the moment due to international jurisdiction and such nothing really happens and what we do hear in the news pales by the actual extent of it.

What ways do you think need to be reformed to somehow deal with this sorts of things without impinging on personal privacy?
Quote:Original post by Genjix
[...] hard drugs [...]

I fail to see what is so bad with that site.

Besides, who can honestly say what is perverted or not? Censorship is bullshit, if you don't like something, disregard it.
The internet is just a mirror of the computer-literate society. There are a lot of "sick freaks" that know how to upload a file, so there is a lot of "sick shit" on the internet.

shmoove
What's Endophilia ??
Quote:Original post by Bruno
What's Endophilia ??

Sounds like sexual attraction toward endorphin.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Quote:Original post by xMcBaiNx
Quote:Original post by Bruno
What's Endophilia ??

Sounds like sexual attraction toward endorphin.

Endorphins are chemicals released by the body to make you feel good. I don't see how one could be sexually attracted to them. I think it means you're sexually attracted to the forest moon Endor.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement