• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rain711

msdn

This topic is 4855 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anybody nice to help on where to find this MSDN library thing I have visual C++ It always ask for msdn library to install.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
You only need to install the MSDN library if you plan on looking up content on the code locally. The whole (up-to-date) libary is available online.

Thanks but this site is confusing It Syas"The MSDN Library is an essential resource for developers using Microsoft tools, products, and technologies. It contains a bounty of technical programming information, including sample code, documentation, technical articles, and reference guides.

Want to get the latest MSDN headlines sent to you via e-mail? Sign up for the MSDN Flash Newsletter.

Go to the MSDN Recently Posted area to find all of our headlined content that has been published during the last month. Articles, code samples, downloads, and more are listed chronologically.

Looking for older content? Visit the MSDN Library Archive for technical articles related to previous version of Microsoft technologies and products.
I WOULD LIKE A DIRCT LINK FOR DOWNLOAD

IBTB? :)

Anyway, msdn should have come with Visual Studio - if per any chance you don't have the msdn CD, you can still access all its information through the internet from the site Rob posted, just use the search field, or navigate the tree to the left. I don't think you can download msdn or at least not without an msdn subscription.

Quote:
Original post by rain711
Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
You only need to install the MSDN library if you plan on looking up content on the code locally. The whole (up-to-date) libary is available online.

Thanks but this site is confusing It Syas"The MSDN Library is an essential resource for developers using Microsoft tools, products, and technologies. It contains a bounty of technical programming information, including sample code, documentation, technical articles, and reference guides.

Want to get the latest MSDN headlines sent to you via e-mail? Sign up for the MSDN Flash Newsletter.

Go to the MSDN Recently Posted area to find all of our headlined content that has been published during the last month. Articles, code samples, downloads, and more are listed chronologically.

Looking for older content? Visit the MSDN Library Archive for technical articles related to previous version of Microsoft technologies and products.
I WOULD LIKE A DIRCT LINK FOR DOWNLOAD

there is no directlink for direct download unless you have an msdn subscription that includes it and actually even then I don't think you can download anything other than the october 2001 msdn library since it's the last one that worked with visual studio 6.0.
If you have an msdn subscription they send you the entire library on dvd every couple of months at least that's what I used to get. Last one I have is jul 2004 msdn library dvd though since my msdn subscription expired.
It's good to have if you don't have an always on internet connection and as long as it's not an overly old version.
If you order the visual studio 2005 beta you get a msdn library dvd although alot of the documentation is worthless incomplete since it's still in beta.

Not to mention the thing is almost 2 gigs on your hard drive! I prefer to look things up online personally.

Ok what about msdn for visual c++ version 6.0.
is it also complicated to get even it is an old library
any hint on how to get msdn for version6.0

Err, you already got your answer.
MSDN is here.

If you want a copy on your HD, you have to either
a) download the October 2001 version, or
b) subscribe to MSDN and pay through the nose to get a DVD sent with the latest version.

Otherwise use the above link.

Quote:
Original post by rain711

clicky

Does that help?

Quote:
Original post by MRom
Quote:
Original post by rain711

clicky

Does that help?

tahnks
is this vs6.exe is the MSDN ???

Download Size:
135199 KB

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!