Sign in to follow this  
CJWR

how do you make just a normal program in vc++ .net?

I've been messing around with the vc++ .net 2005 beta, and i can't seem to figure what how to make a normal windows program. What was called under vc++ 6.0 a "Win32 Appication". I'd like to upgrade to vc++ .net 2005 when it is released, because it is far nicer then vc++ 6. Any help you guys can give me about this would be most useful. Thanks.

To make a Win32 App, you will have to first download and install the Platform SDK (266MB) Once you do that, you will have to install it and then setup VC++ to use it. When you start up VC++ in the bottom left hand corner of the Start Page, you will see a box titled 'Getting Started'. One of the entires you will need to click on to get instructions, Download the PSDK. When you click there you are directed to this page which tells you everything you need to do. On a side note, skip Step 3 because it does not work for VC++ Express. Even though there are directions for VC++ Exproess, they do not work. Instead, for each project, you will need to set the Lib/Include directories for each configuration. Good luck!

ah, alright. I'm guessing that this work will not be needed in the Professional edition when it comes out? As that is what I'm planning on upgrading to.

Quote:
Original post by CJWR
ah, alright. I'm guessing that this work will not be needed in the Professional edition when it comes out? As that is what I'm planning on upgrading to.

In the final product the platform sdk is included along with a lot of other SDKs, but if you want to upgrade your SDKs you have to do it the hard way.
But in most cases it's just hitting the install button and add the paths to your IDE.