Youth Marketing Agency Seeks Gaming Business Partner

Started by
5 comments, last by Stan100 18 years, 10 months ago
Enough with the quasi-personal's ad. I represent Uproar!, which is a youth marketing/advertising agency in Dallas, TX. We are actively seeking new business opportunities with development teams or publishers in the electronic gaming industry. Uproar! is a group within our full service agency, Tracy Locke. Please feel free to check us out at www.tracylocke.com. As I said we are looking for the opportunity to find a gaming partner that fits best with us so we can do what we do best, make a huge impact in the marketplace and grow brands. We have been the agency of record for Hasbro Toys for the past 5 years (amongst other reputable clients) and have elevated the way "kid's stuff" is presented to the consumer. We want to do the same for games that we've done for toys. You're gamers. We're gamers. Let's change some things. Dale Alexander Uproar! Marketing www.tracylocke.com [Edited by - dalibaba on June 22, 2005 12:10:11 PM]
Advertisement
Hasbro Toys is a big company and all, but I don't know how many programmers want kids who promote Cool Crew Big Mike Mowers. What type of game are you looking to promote?
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
On behalf of Hasbro, thank you for the shout-out for one of the better selling children's toys for the past 3 years. And you are exactly right, Hasbro is a large company, which is why we produce 120+ TV spots for them each year. Mike the Mower is on one end of the spectrum with Playskool products, while GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, Video Now, Nerf, Lazer Tag are on the other.

Another factor to consider is that toy industry spots have about 1/8 the production money per spot when compared to other industry's image advertising. We have had great success in stretching out our client's dollar to increase the perceived value of the spot.

Our staff is made up of veteran graphic designers and writers with very diverse backgrounds. I feel confident that we are able to cater to any title or developer's needs.

Once again, thank you for your time and interest.

Dale Alexander
Uproar!
I never said you weren't good at what you do, but..

Could you convince me that you would be able to promote say, a rather violent (let's say rated Teen) FPS? I'm not saying promote the violence, but the most risque thing you have down there is laser tag. You make it sound like you promote kid's toys, which I have gathered is what you do. That's great, but it doesn't sound like you have a very strong mature advertising section.

On a lighter note, your website looks very professional. I would change the title of the post, it sounds like you are the representative for a team of kids who tries to promote kids' toys. Like a charity to help children learn to advertise.

Final suggestion: PLEASE remove the phrase "uber-exciting" from your original post. That in its self is a turn off.
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
Nice website, company is definately on the A-OK side... I'm lost to what you are asking for. I've read your post several times, trying to read between the lines.

Are you asking to partner up with game devlopers to market their products ?

- OR -

Are you asking for devlopers to join with your company to build games for your clients ?

- OR -

Are you looking for already made games to help publish market / advertise ?

--------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, the majority of people in these forums are not / do not operate large companies such as Hasbro and people here probably don't have the resources to offer any real partnerships with a marketing company as large as yours. I would suggest contacting well known publishers such as Electronic Arts.

Anyway on the bright side, their is a large talent pool of devlopers here and some nice quality games being developed. This looks like a good opportunity if your offering.
-------------Become part of developing the specifications of a new language. Visit CodeBASIC.org
Thank you for all of your comments.

One reason driving our desire to get into the gaming industry is to in fact "age up" by working on properties that don't spray bubbles or launch darts. We are capable of working on the product library that we have serviced, but our natural personal interest lie closer to the "mature" and "teen" oriented projects.

And the inspiration for posting on a developer's forum is to hopefully find a small to mid-level dev/pub. that is not already represented by a large full service agency who pay for and handle a majority of the marketing efforts. For instance, if there was a studio under Microsoft, then Microsoft's main agency handles the advertising efforts for that individual studio. We've found that it is kind of all or nothing.

This forum is great for open conversation. More serious inquiries, as to who can help whom, could be arranged in a more private setting.

Thank you once again for time and interest,

Dale Alexander
Uproar!
Now that everything is cleared up, you don't seem so bad :P

So you are looking for a commercial project? Yes, you'll have a hard time looking for one that can support itself enough to sell, but not enough to advertise. Good luck expanding your marketing area of expertise, I suggest you hang out in the "Help Wanted" and dig around for projects that made it. Check the sticky for "Projects that can" or whatever it's called.

Again good luck,
Stan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement