Sign in to follow this  
PaxNoctis

Multiple Light Sources

So, I wrote a very basic 3d engine at work today. Basically, it's Final Fantasy Tactics style graphics, with textured, 3D tiles in a 3dimensional grid. So far so good... Problem is, I can't get more than one light source to work. For example: LightPosition[0] = 0.0f; LightPosition[1] = CUBE_SIZE; LightPosition[2] = (CUBE_SIZE * 1.75f); glLightfv(GL_LIGHT0, GL_POSITION, LightPosition); glEnable(GL_LIGHT0); Works fine. Adding: GLfloat pos2[] = {1.5f, 0.3f, 0.5f, 1.0f }; glLightfv(GL_LIGHT1, GL_POSITION, pos2); glEnable(GL_LIGHT1); Doesn't work, though. It will only show the first light. What am I doing wrong? Thanks =). ~Pax

For some unknown reason, the default OpenGL state for lights is different for the first light compared to all the other lights. IIRC, anything other than light0 has a default colour of black (ie. invisible), and probably no set position/range/direction etc. Try explicitly setting as much light state as you can.

Wh00tage!

Thanks a ton dude. That did it. Wierd bug, but heck, those are the fun ones.

It's amazing the amount of code that can be quickly prototyped and implemented with OGL.

~Pax