NeHe's tutorials - Discussion

Started by
10 comments, last by Quaternion 23 years, 4 months ago
If you want to write some tutorials covering what you said is lacking in them, I''m sure he''d let you post them .

http://www.gdarchive.net/druidgames/
Advertisement
quote:
I don''t think Nehe''s tutorials are meant to tell you everything, or show you the right way of doing something. I think they are meant to help you get something on the screen quick and start playing around with it. Then if you want to know more about it you can look in a book or more places on the web.

That''s exactly what I think. When you were first starting out and you wanted to get something on the screen to start playing with what did you do? You found a book, more often than not that book had source code to get you started. There are a ton of tutorials out there that tell you WHAT you have to do, not a lot tell you how to do it. And for someone who''s not a beginner that''s how it should be, no one should do your work for you and write your code, but for a beginner I think it would be impossible for them to get anything done that way because they probably have no idea how to make a portal or whatever, they need code to start out with, it makes learning a whole lot easier.

------------
- outRider -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement