Using Direct X with Dev C++

Started by
5 comments, last by DrunkinCanadian 18 years, 10 months ago
How do I use Direct X9 with dev c?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by DrunkinCanadian
How do I use Direct X9 with dev c?

IMO, it's more of a headache then it's worth. If you can you are better off getting the VC++ Toolkit and just using the real thing.

There was a devpak somewhere of DX9.0c but I think the team that maintained it stopped doing it because of an EULA thing.
Yeah I need to buy A real compiler. My Free 20 day trial for C++ Builder just ended (after 365 days lol). And I just need something to compile my code till I get VC++.
Quote:Original post by DrunkinCanadian
Yeah I need to buy A real compiler. My Free 20 day trial for C++ Builder just ended (after 365 days lol). And I just need something to compile my code till I get VC++.

You know you can download VC++ Express Beta 2 and the Platform SDK and compile your DX9 programs there, right? It might take about 30 mins to donwload everything and get it installed, but it should hold you over for the time being. Take a look at my post here for complete instructions for getting it all setup. After that, it's just a matter of setting the directories for your DX9 folders, then you are all ready [wink]. Good luck!
The VC++ toolkit is free.
I found a DirectX 9 SDK package on the Dev-Cpp Package Manager a while back. It's basically the Microsoft DX SDK, but with .a libraries and different header files for that compiler.
I've just looked for the package and found that it'a actually illegal for them to be distributed.
Thanx alot I'm downloading VC++ express now

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement