Sign in to follow this  

My Game Sprites

This topic is 4553 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been creating sprites for games for quite a while now. I usually work in 2D, but I just find it exhillarating doing this. I don't know how I started doing this...but anyway, here is where I keep all of my work: http://olls.impressur.com (How do I create a link? [url] tag doesn't seem to work. Sorry if I sound idiotic.) On the main site, just click on what you want to check out (ie battlechars, charactersets, etc) The ones under the author of Tantalus are mine. I created these for a program called RPG Maker 2003. If you're interested and wanna find out more you can join my forums if you wish. You could even request some sprites for me if you wish. :)

Dude, ripping sprites from other sources, and doing minor colour editing, then slapping your name on them as the artist is not cool.

Try developing your own style and get some objective feedback from people. You'll never get anywhere with your art unless you work harder at doing it yourself. You'll just end up making a bad name for yourself in the pixel art community, and if you want to take your hobby further, you may have a hard time doing so...

Those are called RIPs. They are not my works as I imply below that they are RIPs themselves. Most of the battlecharacters, weapons, charactersets... however are my own work that I did by hand...As well as the charactersets. You make it sound as if I ripped everything on there. I'm not asking you to critique my rips, but the stuff that I made myself. You can obviously tell it's a rip since its from, let's say Ragnarok Online, so don't give me any input on that, yet for example, the battlecharacter of Auron from FFX, which I made myself, you may give me input..and so on... Hope I cleared that up a little better, sorry.

Tantalus.
I think the previous poster was expecting _everything_ to be your own work, mostly because that's what the original post you made implies.
The fact that you say "the ones under the author of Tantalus are mine" doesn't really help, since _you_ ripped some of the graphics posted on the link.

Of course, you _do_ clearly tell us where you got the rips, when the case apply, so it's fair enough. It's just you could have been clear right from the start (people are usually used to original works around here)

It's just that putting your own stuff next to rips is usually, well, it doesn't promote your skill as an artist.

With that said, I liked what I saw. Some really sweet little characters, there.
It would be nice to see what they look like animated, I must say. Especially all those cool blurry swords movement. Love that style [grin]

This topic is 4553 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.