C# .NET or C++

Started by
3 comments, last by ArnoAtWork 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi. What do you feel about that? Today, most engines are still developped in C++. But what is the next language used for graphic program? Does somebody develops a system in C#.NET with good performance? Do you spend less time developping in C# compared to C++?
Advertisement
I started programming in C and later I made a not-so-smooth transition to C++. Now I'm using C# and I like it very much. Garbage collection makes your life so much easier (trust me it very is nice once you get used to it). Another thing that I like very much is that you don't have to worry about including files and setting file-paths etc. The developing time for me is less compared to C++ and it just feel smoother with C#. Properties are also a nice feature that I like. Regions are nice too because they let me navigate through my code easier and makes it more readable. I don't know much about performance.. someone compared Ogre 3d an engine written in C++ and Axiom a C# port of Ogre 3d and got similar framerates. Not sure you can make any real conclusions about speed based on that test though. I recommend that you try C# out for yourself. If you know C++ it is easy to learn C#.

www.marklightforunity.com | MarkLight: Markup Extension Framework for Unity

i remember Axiom has lots of features and is written with c#.
+-+-+-+-+-STR
I think I read that Axiom even got better framerates in certain tests. Likely due to the refactored code.
Hummm nice thing.

I am just afraid to forget all my care about memory after that :°
Anyone, as soon as new language exists and if it simplifies your life, you have to
use it!
Thanks a lot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement