3D engine available to developers

Started by
11 comments, last by Sneftel 18 years, 9 months ago
We currently have a new demo license available for our 3D engine a toolset. The demo license allows developers to use the engine and tools to develop a project (for non commercial use) for a period of 6 months. Once the period is over a commercial license is needed to continue working with it. We included this option to allow developers to put together a demo to show possible investors and cut the cost down a bit for individuals who don't have the funds to purchase a full license straight away. A demo license currently costs $4,000 USD for 6 months of use. There are some requirements which need to be passed first before being granted a demo license. To learn more about the engine and for contact details please see below: http://www.realmsofkrel.com/tech.html
Advertisement
Clicky.

The page won't load for me at the moment, are you having server problems or anything? I seem to be able to access everything else just fine, so I don't think the problem is at my end.

- Jason Astle-Adams

works ok for me.
$4000? What would make want to buy your engine for that much? Why not mod and strip a Q3 engine, use OGRE for free, or get a license from Torque for $100-200? In other words, what makes your engine so special to justify investing that sort of money?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Site loads alright for me now. Your engine sounds very nice, but I certainly won't be using it at that kind of pricetag. Good luck with it, I'm sure there are people out there who can make very good use of that. [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Wow I checked the forums and was reading about the game that the engine is built on. It looks as if the engine is so broken and buggy this company lost almost all of their subscribers (which wasn't much to begin with) and now are trying to pawn off their technology in the end.

For anybody looking at this engine, read their forums.

EDIT: Also I just read up and found that this company was banned from multiple gaming sites such as MMORPG.com because of the actions and statements by members of this development team.. so it doesn't look like support would be much of an option if any.

I guess they ran out of money and were pushed to launch the game ASAP and therefore launched a buggy broken game. Seems like now they are advertising here to try and pick up the slack.
Heck, use irrlicht it supports a ton of stuff too, plus its free for commerical license.
There's a huge thread (60 pages) on MMORPG.com forms about Morning (the game this company "produced"). From what i gather, most complaints are:

- the company was running out of money, so they decided to release the game commercially while it was still in alpha/beta state.
- people who pre-ordered the game ended up paying more than those who simply bought it when it was released.. with no compensation.
- the company they choose to process the customer's credits cards is "suspicious" (known to send spam, many customers reported multiple billing, or were charged after cancelling their order). They supposedly switched to another company now, but i don't know if it's better.
- the game is full of bugs, has no content (2 quests total), servers are not always online, hence the number of players online is in the tens range (too bad for a MMORPG).
- they threatened many sites that posted negatively about their game.

Sources: MMORPG.com and SomethingAwful.com

That being said, i am not a Morning player and don't follow the game seriously, so you have to take all of that with a grain of salt. From the features list, their engine looks decent, and might be worth the 4000$.. if you aren't afraid of the technical support.

Y.
make your own game engine! :)
A demo license is $4k. The full license is between $50k-$75k

"use OGRE for free, or get a license from Torque for $100-200?"

You get what you pay for. =)
Do you really think your getting a quality piece of software to develop with for $200.00?

Our engine technology has been licensed out numerous times for upwards of $50,000 USD to Universities and so on. It probably should sell for much more than that considering the tech is really no different than other name brand engines which sell for upwards of $200k+.
Don't underestimate the kind of work it takes to develop an engine and tool set!

----------
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) LICENSE ABYSSAL ENGINE
Following the merger of Technikon Northern Gauteng, Technikon North-West and Technikon Pretoria, the Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) came into being on 1 January 2004.

TUT is the largest residential higher education institution in South Africa, with approximately 60,000 students. It is positioned well to meet the higher education needs of different communities in South Africa, with well-equipped campuses in Pretoria West (Pretoria Campus), Soshanguve, Ga-Rankuwa, Witbank, Nelspruit and Polokwane. Two faculties, namely the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Arts, have dedicated campuses in the Pretoria city centre.

Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) provides a higher education institution with an entrepreneurial ethos that promotes knowledge and technology, and provides professional career education of an international standard, which is relevant to the needs and aspirations of Southern Africa's people.

Recently the Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) acquired a license for the Abyssal Engine for use in their multimedia courses and new center for development of 3D training simulations. The engine technology and tool set will also be used for developing a new undisclosed persistent online world project.
----------

Most recently Epiphany Games Pty Ltd acquired an evaluation license to develop a new project with.

This is the first time I've seen any of those links. =)
Somethingaweful is a satire , joke website. Yes? Believing what you read on internet sites like these is bit ridiculous and unprofessional IMO since all of it to me looks like it is contrived by adolescents with nothing better to do.
You can dig up plenty of nonsense about any company or product on the net.

Saruman - That project is still in development from what I know. It has not been commercially published so obviously it can't be losing subscribers yet. =)
If it ran out of money than it would have been shut down.

And institutions such as Universities don't pay for "buggy and broken" things Saruman. I assure you! =)

Good luck!

[Edited by - 3DEngines on June 23, 2005 8:10:44 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement