Sign in to follow this  

Lightweight HTML Renderer?

This topic is 4554 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm working with C# and I would like a control that can render simple HTML (text formatting, font attributes, images, and hyperlinks). I plan on using this control to add inline help to game (maybe as a side window or something). In the past I have used RichEdit for this, but the formatting strings is a nonintuitive verbose pain in the ass. Also I don't know how to dynamically insert images into a RichEdit control. I know some people use the IE control for this, but I don't want my final application to have any dependence on IE. Also I find the IE control unwieldy. I just want something simple. And free. Open source is a plus. I have googled around a little bit, but I have learned that a lot of HTML renderers are kind of flakey, so I was hoping that someone here has used a good one and could recommend. Regards

Guest Anonymous Poster
Ive looked for this in the past and came up empty each time, would be interesting to know if there is anything new out there.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Whatever you do, don't find the stolen source code for the HL2 engine and use their in-game HTML renderer code...that would be wrong.

Quote:
Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Whatever you do, don't find the stolen source code for the HL2 engine and use their in-game HTML renderer code...that would be wrong.

HL2 is written in C# ?

Re-read the OP's post.

neither is the rich edit ctrl or the IE control and he said that's he's considered using both. He only mentioned that the app was in C#. No mention was made of needing the renderer to be in C#:)

Cheers
Chris

For my IM client, I wanted something along the same lines. I ended up writing an HTML parser using Boost.Spirit, but I wouldn't really call it 'lightweight' in retrospect.

I'll probably rewrite it using a finite state automata when I get the chance.

This topic is 4554 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.