gyroscopic controllers (ie Nintendo Revolution)

Started by
10 comments, last by stevelat 18 years, 9 months ago
mmm DDR... maybe I should go dump another 50$ playing that stupid game. Its just damn addicting. Then there is stepmania... I keep the whole house up thumping at my keyboard whenever I play that.(if you want to play it and cant find music I have quite a bit of free music I can share thats actually free to copy. There is copyrighted songs out there for d/l so beware!) As for the controllers you speak of though I'd think it would only be cool for fighting games and maybe sports. Joysticks own the flying market(have you ever used a 2000$ flight sim setup? Its awesome) and driving is alot more fun with pedals and a force feedback steering wheel(I got one only for playing gran turismo 3 and thats the only reason I have ps2 aswell lol, its alot of fun though.) Maybe adventure could be cool too, though it seems like adventure games have been relegated to b rate 3rd person tomb raider rehashes I'd love to see that genre resurected.
Advertisement
I believe eyetoy didn't catch on because it was a peripheral without the support it needed or the technology to tap into its potential(it had limited ability to detect movement). The next eyetoy at E3 showed the guy with two cups "pouring" virtual water from one cup to the other.

I agree it could come down to an decision about whether you want to move around or not but I'm guessing Nintendo would make it so you could play with the new controllers or with a gamecube controller if you prefer.

In my opinion if someone doesn't do something to advance interactivity than I am going to be bored with every new game. Honestly how many first person shooters can you play without getting sick of the whole experience. I guess some people will never get sick of it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement