Anyone using Bloodshed Dev-C++

Started by
4 comments, last by ukdeveloper 18 years, 9 months ago
Hi, it's been a while since I last programmed using C++. I'm using Dev-C++, it was recommended to me by a friend. During compilation, I encountered this problem... -lctl3d32 -lgcc -lstdc++ -lshell32 -loleaut32 -ladvapi32 -luuid -lodbc32 -Wno-deprecated cc1plus.exe: warning: switch "-fvtable-thunks" is no longer supported C:\Dev-Cpp\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.3.1\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lwxmsw Execution terminated Here's my source code... ############################### #include<iostream.h> using namespace std; char word[10][10]; int i,n; int main() { cout << "Please enter a sentence: "; cin.get(); return 0; } ############################### anybody please help... Thanks!
We should never stop learning...
Advertisement
Possibly because you haven't installed the wxWindows/wxWidgets library?
Why would he need that?

What type of project did you choose when you created it. A program like that should have been a console program, other wise a load of unnecessary files will be linked.

If you linked them yourself, unlink them, there is no reason why they should be linked.
Quote:Possibly because you haven't installed the wxWindows/wxWidgets library?

He's not even using anything from wxWidgets, so I think he selected the wrong project template (or whatever it was called in Dev-C++. Been a while since I used it.)

Armond: Just remove wxmsw from the libraries to link, that program doesn't need it.
Oh, sorry my bad! Thanks a lot! ;)
We should never stop learning...
Quote:Original post by armond
#include<iostream.h>

Try
#include <iostream>
without the .h

It'll stop the compiler from kicking up a fuss about deprecated headers unless, that is, you have an old compiler.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement