Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Revelations

OpenGL Vertex (mis)assignment? (FIXED)

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Alright, so I've spent the past week or so learning C++ and OpenGL. So far I've managed to import from .obj or .msh exported from Milkshape3D. So today I tried to break the whole import process into a separate source file/class, and change it to import Milkshape 3D ASCII format(as this seems the most complete ascii format I can find, and I suck with binary). I got it to compile(major accomplishment for me!), but now I can't get the objects to actually show up. I did some testing, and found that my vertices are all the same. So, I'm confused, having made the code to assign those vertices not long ago, I looked over it. I don't see how they could all be the same, especially considering I imported them the same way I'd imported vertex data from the other formats. Any light shined on this problem is greatly appreciated. Link to source code/executable: Link edit: Fixed... trying to load frames when you have none is a bad, bad idea. [Edited by - Revelations on June 23, 2005 10:45:42 AM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
take alook here http://www.morrowland.com/apron/tut_gl.php

there is a sample program to load milkshape ASCII files

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!