• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ropeburn

Oblique Project - Shearing object back into viewing window.

This topic is 4841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a small application that take 'pictures' of 256x256 oblique renders of a model. I am having difficulty understanding the oblique or shear projection. Basically, I have a model described within coordinates -1,1,-1,1,-1,1. When I set up a camera normally at 0,0,-1 I get a parallal projection as you'd expect. I'd like to move the model to 0.5,0.5,-1 for example but project the model back using a oblique projection. I have read all these very interesting explains and just don't get it. Can someone please explain in how I can do this. How do I modify my projection matrix? Is there a better way to view obliquely from the side? Thomas. // my default projection setup // glViewport(0, 0, (GLint) width, (GLint) height); glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); glOrtho(-1.0, 1.0, -1.0, 1.0, -1.0, 2.0); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); glLoadIdentity(); // my on render code. // zDB dx = 2.0/256.0; zDB dy = 2.0/256.0; for (EVER) { for (zUL i = 0;i < NSHRIDS;i++) { pSeg = (zRdrSeg *)_shrAddr; if (pSeg->_renderState == RenderAssigned) { zPIXEL *p = zMHSHR_PMEM(pSeg); glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); x = -1.0 + (dx * (zDB)pSeg->_x); y = -1.0 + (dy * (zDB)pSeg->_y); z = -1.0; // DinkProjectionMatrix(); glPushMatrix(); glTranslatef(x,y,z); _pModel->draw(); glPopMatrix(); glXSwapBuffers(_pDisplay,_xWindow); glReadPixels(0,0, _scrWidth,_scrHeight, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, p); pSeg->_renderState = RenderComplete; } } }

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!