Help: Circular Dependencies and Dynamic Libraries

Started by
1 comment, last by The Reindeer Effect 18 years, 10 months ago
Ok, so heres the deal. I have been trying to build this project (Visual C++) and I have successfully created a static library. Creating a dynamic library has proven to be much more difficult, especially since I cant particularly say that I know what I am doing. But basically, when I change my configuration settings to produce a dll, I get linker errors "unresolved external symbol" for a dependent project and the same goes for the other project. So what steps should I take to get a successful build and a working dll?
Advertisement
libs dont' need to resolve their external links as tehy don't link in anything. That's done when the lib is consumed into a dll or exe.

That leads us to your dll problem. The DLL has to resolve its external links. So you'll need to link your dll with the appropriate libraires for the methods you call.

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
Hmm, I am still not sure exactly what that would entail ... I only have one library and that is the one that I have trouble creating. The external symbols are from other projects in the same visual studio solution.

To be more specific, here is what I am trying to compile. This compiles (static lib), and changing to dynamic results in the errors I mentioned.

pokereval.zip

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement