menu screens

Started by
11 comments, last by chad_420 18 years, 9 months ago
How do most people do their main menus? Do you use a graphic with the menu on it? Or use a background graphic and use a function to write the text separately?
Advertisement
Background graphic with the text seperately. Makes it easier to change the menu, or have different menus with the same background. Also, you can do effects like having the menu slide in and out or a variety of other things.
Usually we use an image for the menus, with a text in it (the text is embedded in the image, to look nice).
Quote:Original post by Raduprv
Usually we use an image for the menus, with a text in it (the text is embedded in the image, to look nice).

Yeah, that's what I usually do. Or, I have the menu background, and I have other images for the text, usually one image per option, just so that it looks nicer but you can still modify it easily.
In the past, I've just done a solid color background with text buttons overlayed. It was the easiest/quickest to get working.
Quote:Original post by wendigo23
Background graphic with the text seperately. Makes it easier to change the menu, or have different menus with the same background. Also, you can do effects like having the menu slide in and out or a variety of other things.

How do you do effects? What are you using?
i use an overlayed ui, very flexible
http://fusi.basscut.net"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
How do you make the buttons clickable?
Quote:Original post by murdock
How do you make the buttons clickable?

You mean look differet when you click them?
You use 3 different sets of buttons: normal, mouse over (optional) and down. The you change them accordingly.
Quote:Original post by Fusi0n
i use an overlayed ui, very flexible

care to explain?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement