Sign in to follow this  

Question

This topic is 4560 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by johnhattan
Given that you're in the US, go with English.

[lol] Winner! Anyways...

Well since Maple Story is an online RPG, your best bet is to aim for a language that enables you to easily work with web content yet still is powerful enough to get what you want done. I think you should be able to choose between Java, C#, and Python.

Python is one of the most reccomended beginners languages for new programmers from what I have seen on these boards. It requries you to code in a certain standard, so you will develop proper programming skills™.

Then there is Java, which is essentially a web language, more or less [wink] C# is similar to Java in the respect of they are both OOP languages. C# is like the Java version of C++ (ocne again more or less).

With C#, you will be using managed DirectX more than likely. With Java, it's own routines or one of the many 3rd party libraries. Finally with Python, there are libraries such as PyGame, which are avaliable.

Now don't forget you can learn Flash and Shockwave as well. Having those skills might come in quite handy if you want to make your game using something different from the traditional compiled methodologies. Anyways, start looking though tutorials for those languages and see which interests you most. Good luck!

Sorry for double posting but I'm new to all these programs so i do not understand Python as much as i want to.. Where can i go to get some more help? I can work with tutorials and such.

If you want something simple, I would also suggest Game Maker (I prefer version 5.0). If you are somewhat experienced in programming, I would go with C++ (because I despise Java, no offense Drew_Benton).

This topic is 4560 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.