online pay-per-play track game looking for criticism

Started by
7 comments, last by easterner 18 years, 9 months ago
Hello all, We're about 70% finished an online multiplayer pay-per-play track & field game. You can give it a spin at www.trackchamp.com. Not entirely stable, needs a month or so of work, but hopefully developed to a state that people get a sense of what it's about (animation to follow as well). 400m dash works at the moment online (hopefully). Would be great for those with a spare minute and interest to give it a spin and totally trash it, critique, etc. ANY feedback much appreciated! Thanks.
Advertisement
i don't know how to play it!!! help isn't working :(
sorry, yes, help screens to come online this week...

In the meantime, if you want to try for free, after registering, the best bet is to select the 400m event, then select the Matched Event, "Warm-Up 400m Dash".

This will move you to a free race and to the java track.

Here, simply press the "check-in" button (lower right) to start the race commands.

When the starter gun fires/message "Go!!" appears, click the "START" button (lower right) and then alternate the speed of the runner by increasng/decreasing per the controls using the mouse.

Faster meter/second pace will deplete energy faster, and if you run too fast, you'll run out of energy before the race is over.

The object is to strike the right balance of speed and energy conservation.

Hopefully that helps for testing purposes!
i'm trying to be helpful:

when pressing - and + button nothing happens. the dot indicating my runner stands still all the time :(

pressing start stops the counter :(
hello,

thanks for trying!

idea is as follows: join a race, then click "check-in". "check-in" button changes to a "start" button.

Race commands start, "runners to your marks, set, go!"

on "go!" but not before, click the "start" button.

omce you've started, you can +/- pace in meters per second.

the idea of the start button is to try to mimic a race where you try to time the starters pistol to jump out of the blocks.....

thanks. hope this helps.
i have no idea what is wrong but whenever i press start button the game stops responding. perhaps there is something wrong with my pc :(
it's probably the game :) still a bit unstable yet.

if you have time, it probably needs you to close out the window and restart... seems to work ok on my side at the moment..
ps - maybe you false started...?

btw - you cant press start before the starter says "go!!!" if you do once you false start, a second time and your disqualified!

sorry, this will obviously be covered in help!!!
tks again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement